Geneious 6.1 is here!
We’re proud to report that Geneious R6.1 has been released, bringing some exciting new features to your bioinformatics workflow.
R6.1 has great features for everybody, but at Biomatters we pride ourselves on responding to the needs of scientists. With that in mind, R6.1 includes extra features designed especially for Molecular Biologists, Evolutionary Biologists and Microbiologists.
What’s new in 6.1
Custom BLAST now supports BLAST+ for increased search performance.
Graded search results
Quickly check sequence search result quality with the new "Grade" column that combines E-value, identity and query coverage in to a single percentage.
No more binding to known repeats
The Primer Design tools now include a repeat library mispriming function that prevents binding to known repeats, saving you time.
Primer Design is more powerful than ever
We’ve added a new cloning primer design task specifically for designing primers with fixed 5' binding positions.
Enhanced DNA/RNA fold view
The DNA/RNA fold view is now available on two sequences, showing how the two molecules bind to each other (using Vienna rnacofold 2.0.7). We’ve also updated the stats panel, improved the probability color scheme, and implemented new energy models, giving you greater visibility than ever.
EMBOSS Back Translate
Back Translate now has codon usage tables for producing unambiguous nucleotide sequence using EMBOSS tool backtranseq.
Improved Alignment/Contig Viewer
We’ve added an option to hide columns with more than X% gaps, and the ability to drag-select the alignment numbering if you want to select all sequences in an alignment/ contig. On top of that, the Find dialogue now allows gaps between characters you’re searching for.
Bowtie2 on Geneious Server
If you use Geneious Server, you’ll be able to enjoy the new Bowtie2 assembly option.
Other great features in 6.1
- When adding or editing annotations you can now choose which track they are on.
- Removed restriction on maximum length of text that can be searched for (as long as interpreting ambiguities is turned off)
- Cut positions in enzyme table viewer are now split into ‘count' and ‘positions' for easier sorting
- Lambda PFG, Low range PFG and Lambda DNA-BstEII ladders added to virtual gel view
- New geneious.properties file can be used by admins to configure Geneious
- Text View now available when several documents are selected
- See our release notes for the full list